All of us have a lot to complain about with regards to Android 8.0 landing on our Samsung phones. At the moment it's the slow rollout of Oreo, but we'll soon feel the same way concerning the next a single. But from time to time it is not Samsung's fault that you just do not but have the latest update - challenges with carriers as well as the present software program in your phone can avert your telephone from downloading an update even when it's actually "available" to your model.
That is where Samsung's personal desktop computer software, Clever Switch, comes in. In spite of its core feature becoming backing up and restoring data when switching phones, it has the added benefit of being able to download and update the software in your Samsung telephone. Here's how it works.
How to manually update your Samsung phone applying Wise Switch
1. Go to Samsung's Sensible Switch web-site and download for Pc or Mac.
2. Set up and open Wise Switch in your personal computer and connect your telephone by way of its USB cable.
3. Should you haven't plugged in for your laptop or computer ahead of, tap Permit around the pop-up on your telephone to offer it access. If Smart Switch doesn't recognize the phone, click the menu in Clever Switch and click Reinstall device driver then restart.
4. Just after a few moments, your telephone might be recognized by Wise Switch and you'll see a number of solutions around the main screen for backing up and restoring. You usually do not will need to back up or restore your phone to initiate an update.
5. A computer software verify is performed once you plug in, and Clever Switch will list your existing software program facts. If there's a application update accessible for the telephone, you are going to be notified on the principal screen.
6. If available, Click Update to install the newest application. It is going to download first to your computer system, then sideload for your phone. The telephone will reboot, plus the course of action will take roughly ten minutes.
7. If this may be your preferred update system going forward, click the menu (Preferences on Mac) in Clever Switch, click Android 8.0 and check the box for Update Pre-Download. When a new software version is obtainable for your phone, Clever Switch will download it and after that apply the next time you plug in.
To be clear, this is not going to force an update onto your phone that Samsung has but to release. Unless Samsung as well as your carrier (exactly where applicable) have signed off on and released an update for the precise phone, there's no way to get it.